Accessing Clients, Sites, and Endpoint Devices
The following API endpoints will return details for an MSP's network – Clients, Sites, and Endpoints. This information will be used to correctly map organizations/companies/sites between ConnectWise Command and the vendor's product. At this time, these endpoints only support GET.
- Clients - Returns a list of all the Clients for an MSP (Client Name and Client ID)
- Sites - Returns a list of Sites for a given Client (Site Name and Site ID)
- Endpoints - Returns a list of all the endpoints (devices) for a given client and site (Endpoint ID and Endpoint Type)
- Endpoint Details - Returns details of endpoints (devices) for a given Endpoint ID (device ID)
Endpoint Id would be required for all the further interactions with all the other APIs (like Vendor Defined Fields APIs and Vendor Defined Alerts APIs). Data and alerts can be injected only by specifying the Endpoint Id/(s) in the APIs. Hence it is essential to uniquely identify each endpoint/device.
There are two methods via which vendors can identify a unique endpoint (device):
- Endpoint ID is exposed by the ITS Platform agent locally in each of the partner's machines. Vendors can directly fetch this Endpoint Id from the local machine via their products and systems. Vendors can fetch the Endpoint IDs from the following sources in the machine: (Recommended Method)
For Windows machines, Endpoint ID is available in the Registry "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\ITSPlatform"
For LINUX machines, Endpoint ID is available in the config file "/opt/itsplatform.conf"
For MAC machines, Endpoint ID is available in the plist file "/Library/Preferences/com.itsplatform.plist"
- Using the get Endpoint Details API, certain hardware parameters for the machines are available (like System Name, Serial number, MAC address, etc.). Vendors may use a combination of one or more of these parameters to uniquely identify a machine.